Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Schools out....FOREVER!!!!

Yes ladies and gentlemen, that day has finally come. After much frustration with weird kids who bring cartons of eggs to class, and others who are probably a little drunk, I have finished the last class needed in order to graduate from Florida State University! woooo Go Noles! I am feeling a whirl wind of emotions right now from excited, to anxious, to just plain tired. Anxious, primarily due to our move to Dallas coming up in a week. A WEEK! I know; it is so close I can smell the wonderfulness that is Cowboy land!

Mike and I have slowly started to pack, and have made pretty good headway. I tried to pack Monkey's things last week and that was a total no-go for him. He went into the bag I packed all his toys in, and pulled out every single thing only to play with for a mere 2 minutes tops, and then roll around beside the pile. What a doll. This week will give us a lot more time to pack all the little things we forgot, and get in our last week of workouts at Sweat Therapy. We are going to miss this place so much, from all the teachers who have become fast friends, to just the feeling we get when we leave from an awesome workout. However, in discovering this place, I have discovered a long term goal I want to set for myself, which I truly believe is my calling. One day, I want to open an alternative fitness gym such as Sweat Therapy in a place that is filled with oversized mega gyms. I want to bring the same feeling I have gotten from Sweat Therapy to others who don't realize how much of a family you can start, in a smaller gym facility. I love it! More to come on this later :)

On another note entirely, I have a funny story that Mike didn't want me to tell, but I think is super cute and deserves a mention anyways! So the other day, while we were watching the 'ever so entertaining' America's Got Talent, I was browsing all my usual bloggers I love to read. I came across an  unusual amount who talked about their craving for some warm, ooey-gooey, chocolate chip cookie, and became bitten by the sugar bug that had done them in as well. Also, being economical and all, since we are moving and had some left over dark chocolate chunks in the freezer, I decided this would be the perfect opportunity to not waste good food. 

About an hour later, Mike and I enjoyed some nice, warm, chocolate chip cookies and passed out with wonderfully sweet dream. The next day I promptly told Mike to hide the bag of cookies so I would not gorge myself on their chocolatey goodness, which he did because he knows I have 'some' self control, but let's not kid ourselves people, they are chocolate chip cookies. Later that night Mike was preparing the most amazing dinner of marinated pork loin and roasted artichokes when all of a sudden a terrible 'burnt plastic' smell filled the house. 

Mike forgot that when I asked him to hide the cookies, he tossed them in our over, and he had turned the oven on the preheat for dinner. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...
The burnt mass that were chocolate chip cookies...
Well, in the garbage those go. I thought it was pretty funny though, Mike felt super bad but I don't blame him at all since he is such an awesome boyfriend anyways, he was just doing what I asked him to do. How can you be mad at someone who makes you this for dinner...
Pork Loin.....so tasty!
and this...
This is a stuffed artichoke! Sorry for the picture quality.
Since Mike and I are trying to be as health conscious as possible, it's stuffed with a mixture of Fiber One bread crumbs (which is just crushed up Fiber One, and tastes just like bread crumb with Fiber and a lot less calories!) and a little parmesan cheese! They were awesome! 

All in all, I thought the little cookie fiasco was funny, Mike did not, and we had a wonderful dinner! Mike also got us Yogurt Mountain afterwards to make up for it, so no complaints here. Since I am done with school now, Mike and I have some errand running to do to get us ready for the move!!



No comments:

Post a Comment