Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Can't believe I'm moving in 25 days...

I realize it has been a while since my last post but I have good reason I can assure. Moving my entire life from one state to another is something I'm all too familiar with, however, when it involves picking out the place to move into, finding a job in said place, finishing two required classes for me to graduate, AND staying in shape, I am about ready to pull my hair out!!
No, this isn't Monkey :) I promise!
Since I was little, I have moved a total of five times. Born in San Antonio, we then moved to Dallas, onto Virginia, next Maryland,  then South Florida and finally Tallahassee, where I reside currently.  Starting over has been something I love doing,  but I have never had to do all the busy work of finding the house, getting the movers, and dealing with all the rough emotions that come with it. Don't get me wrong, I would run to Dallas right now, if I had no priorities here to finish. I just feel like I have so much to do in such a small amount of time, yet time seems to pass so slowly to the big day, if that makes any sense at all.

Last week, Mike and I flew out to meet my mom in the BIG D, to house (apartment) hunt. I told Mike when we landed, it was going to take a miracle to get me back on that plane to Tallahassee, because Dallas has such a pull on my heart that's hard to describe. I can honestly say, some of my happiest memories had come from growing up in Texas, and it all comes rushing back as soon as you hit the dusty ground. A lot of people ask me "Why Dallas? Why Texas? What is so special about that place?" All I can reply is, "You would have to experience it for yourself to get it." The people, pride, food, rodeos...all of that and so much more makes Texas a state of its' own. My state!

Anyways, back on track...we were lucky enough to receive wonderful hospitality from the restaurants Mike will be working for, find an awesome apartment to move into, and for me to become extremely dehydrated and sick and end up in the hospital for a night, causing us to miss a Rangers game too. I felt so terrible and the worst part is, is this isn't even the first time this has happened to me. I guess with all the excitement, and amped up workouts we've been doing lately, I put 'drinking enough fluids' on the back burner, when that is a definite 'no no' to do visiting "Hot as Hellllo" Dallas. Unfortunately for me, the remaining half of my trip was spent drinking Gatorade, (ick) and trying not to vomit to the sounds of other, normally wonderful, foods. Oh well, we found a place to live, and had a great Memorial Day Weekend with my mom!! She's so awesome, helpful, and funny :)

My dread for coming back to Tallahassee was much warranted though, because all we have been able to do since being been back is put the pedal to the metal and ride. Moving boxes, furniture listings on Craigslist, taking Monkey to the vet. Side note: We even had to put Monkey on kitty Prozac because even he has anxiety!!! Thank goodness for the little time in the morning we get to work out because it is the only time I am not constantly thinking about the next move we need to make. I can't wait until the last box is unpacked, Monkey is purring on my lap, and I have a BIG glass of wine, or maybe a Margarita in my hand relaxing to some of my favorite shows in our new home. By the way, have y'all seen the new show Love Bites? Super funny! Keep 'em coming sitcom writers, I need a bunch of comedy right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment