Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Mission Zeta Cupcakes=SUCCESS!

And....another hectic crazy week bites the dust! I can proudly say Mike and I put out 150 beautiful cupcakes Saturday morning to the ladies of Zeta Tau Alpha for their Mother's Weekend extravaganza. Even though hectic at times, and causing me to maybe gain a pound or two, (quality control of course) the end experience was very rewarding. When we delivered those little cakes on Saturday, and their house mom gushed over how great they looked, it made all the negative factors disappear. Getting paid doesn't hurt either... :) She texted us later that day and said they all were demolished and tasted great! Whew that's a relief.
Banana Foster Cupcake

Bruleed Banana on top of a Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting.
These cupcakes were so good and moist. Basically like a Banana bread pound cake in a bite size portion!
Reeses Peanut butter Cupcakes

Real Reeses in and on top of this little cake, with a chocolate peanut butter buttercream
Hands down the best chocolate cake I have ever made! We even chopped up peanut butter cups to throw right into the cake mix.
Lastly, Vanilla Bean cupcakes with a Swiss Meringue Buttercream!
We called these Princess Cupcakes to honor Zeta's "Crown" logo. All in all, everything went a lot smoother than I thought. After we dropped these bad boys off Saturday morning we headed for a nice long trail run and some TRX/ Kettlebell insanity. Our trainer Chris just got these new, New Balance Minimus shoes, which are basically the Vibram five finger shoe's soles,


 but in a minimalist shoe. They weigh 7 ounces! Mike was sold right off the bat but I wasn't sure due to how bad my shin splints are, but Chris said they have been doing research lately, that supports the fact that cushioning for your foot doesn't necessarily get rid of shin splints, but make them worse by causing over pronation of the foot in your running stride. This made since because I over pronate WAY too much. They were something to keep in mind.

After we got done sweating our butts off we wanted to go check out the shoes, but the only store that carries them closed early that day, and we had to get ready to see Mike's sister, Ashley, perform in the musical "Chicago," at Tallahassee Community College. It was wonderful, and she did an exceptional job! I enjoyed my Saturday very much. However, I can't even sugar coat Sunday, because it sucked so much, I had to scream when I got out of work to blow off some steam, literally if you knew that we had NO air conditioning all day in the restaurant I work in. Did I mention my uniform is black polyester? Real breathable stuff...not! Mike got home late so we just hit the hay and vowed to have a better Monday!

Today, being Monday, it was time for some "pick-me-up" incentive to help turn a lousy Sunday into the start of a great week! Enter....my new shoes

I wasn't planning on getting any shoes, however, when Mike and I made the trip to the shoe place this morning he tried them on and the sales lady brought me a pair also and reassured me this would be the best way for my shin splints to go away. I was skeptical, but willing to give it a try. Let me just tell you, they are awesome! Mike and I did a "Ramps" workout this morning and I have never felt so stable and balanced in a pair of shoes like I did these ones. Different muscles I don't normally work came into play and my workout was so therapeutic without the jolts of pain running up and down the inside of my calf. I'm gonna try them out in a treadmill set workout tomorrow and I'll keep you posted on the results. So far so good, though. Mike likes his too, his are black and yellow black and yellow black and yellow...haha I could't resist. 

Off to hopefully a newly ventilated and cooled down work place, fingers crossed!




1 comment:

  1. those look like awesome shoes for the tread mill. what are they called again...?... Brand name ? the cupcakes looked almost too good to eat.. keyword here is ALMOST !! they look d-lish.. oh, FIT FOODIE CHICK, Still waiting for a new Fish Dish....Big-b

    ReplyDelete