Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Worst Week of my Life...so far

I pray that this situation never happens to anyone, anytime soon. This week has been the most trying, frustrating, and downright sad week that I have had the unpleasantness of knowing in a long time.

It all started Monday, a day that is supposed to be my favorite and most refreshing day after a long, work filled weekend. After class, Mike and I went for a run on the ramps and really kicked it into high gear. We had a test, and then came home so Mike could get changed and go to work, and I could eat a little lunch, go to Publix for some weekly food stockage, and then come home to put some finishing touches on our semester projects that were due Thursday.

I left the house around 3pm and was gone for literally 30 minutes when I came home to this...
The door was ajar...
I freaked out when I saw this from my car and started questioning if I had maybe not closed the door? Did it get caught in something? But, no, I ALWAYS lock the door like an OCD maniac.

Then I saw the deadbolt busted off the door frame.
My first thought was to see if my kitty, Monkey was in the house, hurt, or okay. I went around screaming for him and to my relief, he had burrowed up into the box spring of our bed, and was just scared out of his mind. Can't blame him, so was I. I came back into the living room to figure out what to do next.
They kicked in the door and ripped it right off the frame.
I tried to call Mike, but he didn't pick up right away, because obviously he shouldn't be on his phone while cooking someone's meal at the restaurant. I shot him a quick text that an emergency had happened, and called my mom. She really helped calm me down and figure out what to do next. I needed to call the cops, write down everything that had been taken, and try to get some kind of grip on the situation. Mike must have read the text right away because he called back and headed home when he heard the news. 

As I was waiting for Mike, I called the police, and started looking at everything they stole.
Our Flat screen TV and Mike's PS3 I bought him for Xmas two years ago.

Another Flat Screen TV in the guest room.

All of my Jewelry...

Even my super nice Michael Kors Watch I bought myself for my birthday.
Also not shown, they stole my Michael Kors purse my parents got me for Christmas that I was in love with, my bottle of very good tequila (damn it), and worst of all, both Mike and my laptops with all our semester projects and assignments on them. Months worth of work, all stolen within a span of 30 minutes. After the police came and went, a feeling of extreme vulnerability just washed over us. Someone had been watching our house and things for who knows how long, and then took it from us in broad daylight while the rest of our neighbors were at work and I was at the grocery store for 30 minutes!!! 

After this terrible day, the rest of the week didn't get any better. You know when you hear a song that you don't like, yet it gets stuck in your head for some reason, and no matter how hard you try to do other things, or forget it, it rears it's ugly head into your brain? Thats how the robbery has been for me, just rearing it's ugly head as I've tried to just go about my regular routines. I've had to email all my teachers and ask for extensions on everything that was due this past week. None of whom have been very sympathetic or understanding to our situation, which is very disheartening. I understand assignments must be done, however, we never asked for this to happen, and we are all people, who I thought could have a little heart and understanding. Tallahassee has definitely worn out it's welcome with me.

When I was driving back from the police station on Tuesday, after picking up the report, I found myself not ready, or able, to go back home yet, so I stopped at Barnes and Noble, had another crying session, and got myself a book that I've been dying to read...
What a wonderful book so far! I have only read a little bit, but find myself clinging to it, like it's some sort of life raft in this sea of crap I'm drowning in currently. My eating has been terrible this week as well. I have had no motivation to stick to my normal nutrition and have even been too depressed to run. Just to add to the pile, our air conditioning went out Wednesday as well. 

It is now Friday, and I'm slowing starting to get back into the swing of my life. Our AC is back and on a great note, Mike got offered the job he has been waiting for in Dallas, and we will be moving back to my Paradise! See ya later Sunshine State! Hello to nice people, great Tex Mex food, and all four seasons again!!! Out of all the places I have lived, I can sadly say, I won't be missing Florida, sorry. I guess I'm just a Texas girl at heart. I am so incredibly proud of my boyfriend and don't know how I could have made it through this week without him, the help of my amazing parents, and Monkey flopping around the house like a weirdo to keep my sane. 

I am, however, ready to get back to my normal life...hopefully, that was my storm this year, and the rest will be blue skys and Mai Tais! Or Margaritas, whatever :) 





1 comment:

  1. Alpha this is terrible! I'm so sorry this happened to you, but I'm glad you kitty was safe :) Congrats to Mike on the job offer!! I've never been to Texas but I know about 8 people that have moved there in the last year! I'm glad you already know that you love it there, buuut don't hate on Florida- it's just Tallahassee that blows, I agree with you on that one!! -Alpha

    ReplyDelete