Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My first TRX certification class!

Wow what a day!!! After about 9 hours at Midtown's Sweat Therapy gym, I can proudly say I earned my "Sports Medicine" TRX certification. WAHOO!! This was not my first go around using this amazing, diverse machine, however, I learned how to teach it to others, and some very helpful modifications to show to those recovering from injury, or even those who are just beginning with the suspension training.

Normally, my trainer Chris and I do some crazy, whacked out, Sugar Honey Iced Tea (get it?? :) trying to keep this blog "G" rated) on this machine...
Suspended one hand, both feet, pushup...
Like this little beauty right here, but I wasn't sure what to expect of today's class. My nerves were totally at ease though, for one, because I took the course with my trainer, and two, everyone was super friendly and open to helping out, and getting to know each other. Except for one of the TRX instructors, who was a little too OCD for my taste, but to each his own I guess. Plus, if I had come up with a course and expected people to pay me for it, I would want them being able to take as much away as possible, so it was justified. 

I also met a bunch of really cool girls who reminded me of myself. It is nice to hear similar backgrounds and interests in normal looking girls rather than most people I hang out with who find me extremely weirdly motivated to work out. Also, finding out that behind every workout junkie, is a vice they don't necessarily brag about. When we broke for lunch today everyone mainly kept to they healthful sandwiches and salads with healthy drink options until my trainer Chris bought this little disk of dark Mexican chocolate and offered it up to us girls. Without the blink of an eye, or an "Are you sure?", chocolate demolished....Don't have to ask me, or any other girl twice. 

After the class wrapped up, I headed over to the campus for a nice 6 mile jog to stretch my legs. We worked with the TRX all day, but didn't really work up a sweat, and I had a delicious piece of vegan carrot cake from Earth Fare the night before (I love that store) so I felt the need to get my tushy moving up some hills. There is no better remedy to a bad work day than either a long jog, or a good piece of cake! Thats why I have decided to open my very own cupcake shop with a gym attached! Genius idea right?!? After or before you 'house some cake', go burn it off! No harm, no foul in my book! Maybe one day....Well, I'm off to hang out with Monkey (I know, real cool, my cat!) and watch Mad Men, I'm addicted. Peace out!


No comments:

Post a Comment