Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Resistance Training w Ali...enough said!

First off, let me start by saying, I sadly didn't make it to Zumba last night. My afternoon class (boo) lasted longer and was more annoying than expected, so Zumba was compromised. However, with the little bit of time I gained from not shaking my bootay to some bonita musica, I made delicious egg cups with the left over Mongolian beef and carmalized onions from Masa, Sunday night. They were very tasty and Mike and I had no problem devouring them.

Now, that we have signed up with Sweat Therapy, they have this nifty computer sign up system that allows you to view and choose the classes you want to take for the week and claim your spot in that particular class. Monday, I had chosen the Real Ryder spin class so Mike got to pick our poison for Tuesday.

"Resistance training with Ali sounds cool...." Final words to live by :) I will preface this class by saying I used to take numerous classes with Ali Campbell at another local gym and she is not just an instructor, but an inspiration to everyone who meets her. If caffeine could be a person, he would even beg Ali to tell him how she has the amount of energy she does. In saying this, I knew this class was gonna rock our worlds this Tuesday morning, and I was right. We arrived and from start to finish, just sweated our butts off. A mix of TRX training, squats, pushups, BOSU ball exercises, and more, all while holding weights, listening to some fun remixed music, and listening to Ali's motivational chants "LET'S GO LADIIIIEEESS...I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT!!!" Mike appreciated this, since he was the only boy in the class. But to Ali's credit, she left him feeling sore the rest of the day, so he didn't mind in the least bit.

After getting in a great workout, Mike and I had a day full of baking cake to commence. First, and most importantly though, it was lunch time!
EGG TOSTADAS!!!
My new favorite thing to make are egg tostadas. All they are, are a toasted wrap, open faced, and then scrambled eggs with meat, veggies, and anything else you wanna throw in the mix. On the menu today was wilted spinach, chili flakes, carrots, turkey bacon, and then a thin layer of mozzarella right on the wrap. Dump the egg mix on the flat wrap and cut into fours then enjoy! Yummm!

Back to baking...I plan on getting all the cake baked off today and then freezing it for our trip down to South Florida tomorrow. Next thing I was looking foward to was our GLEE Real Ryder class at 8, I seriously  could not wait to go sweat my butt off AGAIN to the sounds of GLEE Prom! When we arrived, Cecily, a girl I took the TRX certification class with, just recently also got certified to teach the spin class so she was the instructor for tonight. She did a wonderful job and GLEE was awesome. 

Some people may think it is cheesy or corny, and it may be a little but who couldn't use a little more cheese in their life? I love cheese! Plus, I think it has a great message overall. They deal with real life issues some teenagers may be going through and if we maybe had, had this show a couple of years back some of those insecure kids might have had it a bit easier knowing other people were experiencing those same issues. I can't speak for anyone, else but I love knowing the fact that other kids my age enjoy show tunes as much as I do, just sayin...

I am now unable to get off our recliner in the living room and plan to make the bottle of IB Profen, and our Kashi pizza my new best friends...you know you're jealous. Can't wait for our Indo-row class in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment