Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, May 9, 2011

The Start of Summer! Sweat Therapy Style...

I'm back baby, and ready for a new post! I realize this comes after a long hiatus away from the blog-a-spear, but believe me, I needed a break from my crazy, mixed up life in general. After a wonderful week spent with my mom in North Carolina filled with shopping, soup and sandwich eating, and some much needed therapeutic conversation about my future plans in Dallas, I was ready to return to Talla-nasty to finish my last two classes of my college career.

When I landed yesterday afternoon, Mike was there to greet me and we headed home to start planning out our busy week. Yes, even though summer has hit, our schedule remains just as busy. Finally, after many anticipated months, our friend's Noly and Dave's wedding has arrived. We are making one of the wedding cakes for the reception and needed to start getting the ingredients bought. We plan on making the cake here in Tallahassee and then frosting it down in Miami along with it's assembly. After making our list up, we headed off to Publix for some grocery shopping, both for the cake and our household.

Later that evening, I decided I was in the mood for some spicy Asian fare, so we headed to Masa, one of the best Asian restaurants in town. I had some wonderful spicy beef and Mike had an awesome Pad Tai dish which he proceeded to pump up the heat by adding a butt load of chili flakes to, it burned my tongue off! Then we headed home, relaxed to the sweet sounds of SNL, and passed out.

Recently, Mike and I bought a membership to a local boutique gym in Tallahassee, called Sweat Therapy.

It is where I took my TRX certification class and they offer some great classes that you can't find anywhere else. This morning we had signed up for a Real Ryder spinning class. However, unlike in a traditional spinning class, these bikes swivel back and forth, just like a real bike!


 The class was awesome and torched some major leftover food from Masa the night before! I plan on going back for a Zumba class tonight and can't wait. Gotta look good for the wedding this weekend! I also just love shaking it to some crazy Latin music while burning major calories, haha.

Now off to eat some lunch before I have to go to my second class of the day, Business Communications...yaaay (sarcastic). I'll keep y'all updated on the progress of the cake and how this week pans out. Mike and I are taking a Real Ryder class during GLEE tomorrow night! What could be better? You go and watch GLEE as you ride, and then during commercial breaks you get off the bike and do an interval of something else like abs! Too good to be true!

1 comment:

  1. Reading your blog makes me wish I was still in Tally so I could do this stuff with you. A Glee spinning class... what could be more perfect!?! I keep looking for fun stuff like that in Virginia but no luck so far!

    ReplyDelete