Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

First Post

Hello there everyone!
Since this is my first post I am going to give a little overview of myself just in case you don't know me that well. My name is Hilary Hoesing and I am a 22 year old Student at Florida State University (GO NOLES!) majoring in Business Hospitality. Being in the Hospitality business has been a wonderfully eye opening experience to the diverse world that is food and people. I am slowly transitioning from restaurants and hotels into the world of fitness because I truly can say that it is one constant in my life that I make time for every day (well almost) even the bad ones.

I also love being creative in the kitchen when it comes to whipping up tasty and healthy dishes that don't take forever to make, being a busy college student and all. Feel free to contact me anytime at hhoesing@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments that you would like to share with me. I also am on Twitter!

I grew up all over the place. I was born in Texas and am a proud Texan, don't mess. I moved to Fredericksburg Virginia in the second grade and then moved to Frederick Maryland for middle school. Around the time to start high school I made my tropical change of climate move to Coral Springs Florida. I may have moved a lot but I always have been an active girl. I swam competitively from the age of 8 (Lee's Hill Aquatic whooo) up until college, with some water polo in there as well. I then decided against the whole collegiate sport route and took my fitness goals outside of the water.

Once the dreaded freshman 15 reality set in, I decided I would do anything and everything it took to live healthy and be happy at the same time. I joined a local "girls only" gym with alternative methods of getting into shape and fell in love with it. I took "Booty Blast" classes, "Zumba" and various strength training course. I met my current trainers (Chris Florres and Tiffany Maruniak) and lifelong friends and it has been history ever since. I love anything and everything dealing with raising your heart rate!!! From Muy Tai boxing to dancing around like a crazy person I don't care. As long as I am enjoying what I am doing, i'll try anything. I enjoy TRX workouts, as well as kickboxing and plyometrics sets. I also have a thing about getting bored easily so I try and mix it up as much as I can in the week.

Currently I live with my boyfriend of three year, Mike, and my adorable ginger, long hair, fluffy kitty Monkey.


Mike and Me in St. Augustine

Baby Monkey 
Yeh, they are both pretty cute and I love them very much. My hopes with this blog are that I can inspire someone, somewhere to find something that they enjoy and love as much as I love food and fun fitness techniques to keep my life sane. My dream would one day to work for either "Women's Health" or "Fitness" magazine and help others who are looking for direction in their lives when they need it most.

I am going to try and post as much as possible to keep you in tune with my life and new discoveries I come across and recipes I come up. Please leave any comments and or tips and tricks y'all feel you would like. I love learning and trying new things! Well...here goes nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment