Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Suicide (workout) Saturdays

Waking up bright and early on a Saturday is not always my favorite thing to do but to go get my butt handed to me by my trainer makes it totally worth it. We all met up at the local high school because they have a great running track and ample space to spread out. The best thing about my trainer is that she always comes up with new, challenging feats to accomplish and I never feel as good as I do as when I am able to complete everything with stride.

So after we stretched and warmed up, Tiffany (my trainer) gave us the rundown. She set up six station, almost all involving kettle bells, along the side of one track about 15 yards apart. We started with mountain climbers, then would run to dead lifts. After this station you would run back to the start and do mountain climbers again and head to the third station, which was pushups. Then back to the mountain climbers and on to station four, back lunges while holding a kettle bell in one hand and pressing it up in the air. Once again, run back to mountain climbers, and run to station five, roll backs while holding a kettle bell. Run back to the start, mountain climbers, and on to the last station kettle bell swings, then squat. After all this run back to the start, do mountain climbers and complete a lap around the track.

We started with 30 repetitions of each exercise, did a lap, then 20 repetitions, lap, 15, lap, and then 10. I can't even tell you how good reaching the last round felt. All in all, I completed all of this in about an hour and 23 minutes. Then to cool down we ran a mile (nice). I felt so good afterwards, like I could accomplish anything. Burning 1100 calories doesn't hurt either. Plus, I was super excited for the rest of the day since we were spending it with Mike's family at the first FSU baseball game of the season!

On our way to the game we stopped at my new obsession in Tallahassee, Chipotle!!!!

ahhhhh so good!
Mike and I are both trying to watch out weight so we opted for the ever so healthy burrito bowls. I love these so much because for around 350 calories you get some protein, Barbacoa for us, veggies, a little rice, and some awesome guacamole. No chips today, the rice is enough starch to last. Also, it is super filling. We ran over to the gas station to pick up some waters and beef jerky for the game and headed to campus.

After meeting up with Mike's family and throwing the baseball around in the parking lot, we headed over to the stadium to get some good seats.


Warming up


Mike looking adorable.

Noles Respresent!!

It was a great game!!! Funny hecklers, great weather, and best of all WE KILLED THEM. Regardless of the fact that we played Virginia Military Institute, any type of win feels good, especially for the first game at home.

We headed home to get cleaned up for the night. We plan on meeting his family at a local stir fry restaurant, "Ghengis Grill" but not before catching up on some awesome Steven Tyler driven American Idol. Keep y'all posted if anything out of this world happens after dinner, but if not, I am just happy to have the night off of work to spend with Mike and Monkey. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment