Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Madness

Unlike many people who hate Mondays, I live for them! Instead of "living for the weekend," I look forward to the fresh feeling that the start of the week has. Sundays I normally take as a day of rest from working out and let myself have those little indulgences I may have turned down during the week days. Luckily, this week I also had Sunday off from work so I mostly spent it doing homework, laundry, and errands. However, I was able to squeeze in an awesome lunch date with my friend, Sami.

Our favorite place to eat, that never seems to get old, is "Ruby Tuesdays," mainly for their extensive salad bar. This is the only place I know where you can have a different lettuce choice besides iceberg, which I have no interest in eating. We pile our salads high and catch up on our hectic past weeks that have slipped by so fast. In between bites we laugh and give advice that is much needed and welcomed. I needed this mainly for my mental sanity in weeks to come.  Monkey also helps as my comedic relief...

Monkey in our "Bag Box" silly kitty.
After lunch I realized I needed to get started demoing cakes and frostings for my friend Noly's wedding cake, which I will be making come May. She wants a very classic, white buttercream, square, tiered cake, so all I wanted to do was make sure the recipe I would be using would stand up as a cake, and not just cupcakes, which is what I previously used my recipe for. Everything went very well with only a couple of tweaks. However, instead of a traditional buttercream, I decided to make a "Swiss Buttercream" which has more sheen and doesn't crust as easily on the cake.


Okay so it might not be a full cake...
Quality control is a must



Must pawn the rest off...

Mike and I had our piece to try but now I must find unsuspecting people to eat the rest :). The rest of my Sunday I spent finishing laundry and Mike and I were craving sushi so we stopped by Jasmine's for some before heading out to say goodbye to his family.















Now onto Monday! Up bright and early for class, I was able to grab a quick green shake before I had to run out the door. One thing I always make sure to do to ensure I get my workout in for the day is to put my workout clothes on first thing in the day. That way, no matter where I am, if i have time I can squeeze in a workout and will have no excuses. Especially having eaten that cake on Sunday, I needed a major cardio day. I decided after class to head over to our football stadium and run all the ramps that lead to every level. Plus, in between each ramp are sets of 4 stair flights that I can fit in. Since I had class an hour later, I tried to make the most out of every second of my workout. 800 calories later, I'm off to learn how to slowly die in an accounting class. 

Thankfully after class I had enough time to run home, shower, and make myself some lunch. Simple Mondays for me! Chicken, brown rice, and some asparagus really never tasted so good. When I have work late at night I try and switch my lunch and dinner so I'm not filling my stomach with useless carbs right before I go to sleep. Well, now that I have had 30 minutes of down time, it's time to get ready for work and make that money honey! Hopefully...here's to hoping this week won't turn me into a giant stress ball.

1 comment:

  1. The concept of watching what I eat all week and then taking the weekend to have what I want has worked for me to maintain my weight for over 30 years. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete