Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Friday, February 25, 2011

Fuddy Duddy Fridays

So I can say, without a doubt, I am not your typical college student. While Fraternity and Sorority guys and girls flock to our nearest campus bar, looking fancy and shiny for "The happiest of all hours" or to normal people, "Happy Hour," I have absolutely no interest in partaking in these festivities. I have done so a couple of times in the past and the luster of chugging huge pitchers of watery beer has just worn out. I'm not knocking those who truly love and look forward to this each week, I'm just saying it's not for me. I would rather be pumping it out to a crazy Ke$ha song in the gym in comfortable shoes and spandex. Luckily, when I got out of work this afternoon I had a ton of energy and wanted nothing else but to clock some miles and jump some speed rope.

So with my awesomely nerdy playlist, chock full of Glee covers, and random Itunes suggested songs I had an awesome sweat session at around 700 calories. Even though our campus gym isn't my favorite place to work out, sometimes the need to be in an actual gym, and feel a treadmill is irresistible, to me anyways. Also, watching some of the girls coming dressed like there is a fashion shoot happening is quite entertaining even though they never seem to break a sweat...hmmm I wonder how they do that?

After I finished, I headed home to wash up and figure my night out. I subscribe to Lululemon Athletica on Twitter and remember seeing this article they posted a couple of days ago. I love this companies workout clothes and Zen minded spirit. They always have a way of making me look at the positive in my day. The contest was for the best "Energy Ball" creations people could submit or come up with, so naturally being food related, this had me intrigued. Since I am constantly on the go but need things to munch on, these energy balls sounded right up my alley. I chose to make the


Whitewater Cooks Energy Balls (Second place winner)
  • 1 cup each: toasted sunflower seeds and sesame seeds, rolled oats, chocolate chips, raisins, and cranberries
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 2 cups peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1.5 cups toasted coconut, for coating
So with this in mind I set off to Club Pub (Yes, most of the college students in Tallahassee call our Publix this because it is the best place to pick up your date to the next social outing you plan on attending...aiming high) to get some ingredients! Plus I needed a rotisserie chicken for dinner so why not. An hour later, and probably way more than I planned on getting I returned home with my share of loot. I put everything else away and set out all my ingredients for these Energy balls.
I decided to use flaxseed instead of sesame seeds because daaang they are exspensive.



Basically just put everything in a bowl and mix...

Use a cookie scoop to make balls and roll in the coconut.

Yuuumm....Energy Balls.


So that was fun. I made some without coconut on the outside because Mike doesn't like it and maybe he will want to take some to work with him. After I put all the mess away, I tupper-wared the balls up and stuck them in the freezer (thats what it said to do on the website so I'm gonna go with it.)

Now I figured I could get a jumpstart on my homework due Monday or surf the web and watch "Desperate Housewives." Hmmm, I do have quite a few CSI:NY's I need to watch, because if I don't my DVR will fill up and then Comcast wins. Okay, it's decided, I must watch my shows to get the best value out of this service I pay for each month, good talk and decision! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment