Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Incredible Edible Egg Cups!

So I guess Comcast felt that the last comment I made was unwarranted and decided to cut my cable and internet our for an entire day, boo.  But that's okay because nothing exciting or fun happened yesterday (Sunday) anyways, just a lot of chores, and a lot of work.

On to my favorite day, Monday! After class I did my normal stadium ramps routine (800 calories) and had to make a quick stop at Publix before getting home. Good timing call too because no one goes to "spit mad game" in the afternoon at our Publix, so I got in and out no problem. I think I am the only one to I say this but, I really am sad winter is disappearing and the warm weather is starting to set in. I didn't get to wear all my cute sweaters and scarfs and kicky boots yet. On top of the fact that I think our AC is out in our house and it is warmer in the house than it is outside...blaaah. Makes for a real relaxing afternoon.

For lunch today I decided to make a favorite of mine and Mike's, Egg Cups! They are super yummy and easy to make. I got the idea while perusing my way through the organic section and came across those won ton wrappers in the produce section. I though how cute they looked and what could I use them for? An hour, and one mini muffin tin later, egg cups were born!

I just spray the pan with Pam and push the wrappers into the tin.
I wanted something with protein but not a lot of fat to fill it with so I use egg whites and normally chop up carrots, zucchini, chicken, and add spices.

Less expensive than using whole eggs
However, today I had none of those things so I improvised and decided to make...drumroll please...Eggcup McMuffins! I had some canadian bacon and shredded cheddar cheese in the fridge so what the hey. I just chopped those up, portioned it into each cup, and filled them with liquid egg whites.



I realize this doesn't look that yummy.

I swear it gets better...

TA DAAAA, after 15 minutes in the over at 350F, they look tasty.


And since there were no veggies in the cups this time, asparagus to the rescue!
Now that I have stuffed my face with eggcups and asparagus I have to go get ready for work. I am super excited for "The Bachelor" tonight! Thank goodness my DVR is working again or this could have been a tragedy. Now all the weirdos are gone and it starts getting good, Brad better pick my choice. Alright time to go pretend I like serving and cleaning up after people...

No comments:

Post a Comment