Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time for some DVR time!

You know how every week we wait for Wednesday "hump day" to come around and rear it's ugly head, just so we can face it and have the nice decline towards the weekend? Well my "Hump Day" this week was today, Thursday. At the beginning of the week one of my professors informed the class of a test we would be having today and I think my head did a 360 "WHAT?!?" So today was D-day and it was just about as painful as imagined. 

I woke up and wasn't really feeling my Green drink this morning, so instead I opted for some Oatmeal. Ever since Bob Harper (The Biggest Loser) has been amping this grain up so much, I've got a real craving for the stuff. Instead of water, I use unsweetened, chocolate "Almond Breeze" half because I'm lactose intolerant and half because this stuff rocks and is only 45 calories for a cup. 

All my ingredients and my "tub" of oats.
Add a little brown sugar splenda to it and its really to be eaten! Yum. After I ate this as slowly and procrastinatingly as possible...I had to study for my test.


Lunch!!!
Before I left for class I managed to chop some strawberries and blueberries to eat for after my exam, in between my two classes. 

So...the exam about as painful as I figured and maybe a little worse. Good thing I don't plan on being a revenue manager of any company because I probably wouldn't be your best bet. When I got back home I was STARVING. I read a post earlier in the day by my favorite blogger "PB Fingers" about her favorite breakfast, toasted cinnamon raisin bagel thin with a slice of cheese and some raspberry jam all smooshed together. Weirdly enough I just so happen to have all of these ingredients in my pantry and fridge. You know what they say about those great minds...

I think this is the first time I've taken a picture of food before I took some sort of bite.

Oh, I added some beef jerky too because who doesn't love beef jerky?
Demolished that amazing snack, and I definitely will be repeating that one again. After I finished it was time to get ready for some kick butt kickboxing! I normally hate working out any time after noon but this class is an exception. So torturously awesome, it's addicting. And the class surely didn't disappoint. 700 calories burned later I was ready for more food. I didn't feel like doing anything domestic tonight so I convinced Mike "Ruby Tuesday's" salad bar was where it's at. After his double session sweat day at DeadGame MMA gym he could't say no. 

I think we barely said two words at dinner between bites of salad and gulps of water. The salad with an added chicken breast really filled me up and hit the spot. Now onto my couch to catch up with some much needed DVR time and relaxation. Hopefully I don't fall asleep out here...

No comments:

Post a Comment