Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Date Night...the end to a wonderful Spring Break.

Since Mike didn't get to have a 'Spring Break' this year, and only got to put in hard man hours at the restaurant he works at, we decided to have a big finale night and get creative with food. Mike has been having a hankering for some gourmet cuisine lately, so who to do it better than us?!? With this is mind we made our way to a new grocery store we recently got, "Earth Fare." I have been looking forward to going here for months now, Mike went last week without me and couldn't say enough good things about it. 
It's like my DisneyWorld...
Upon stepping into this place, I could tell it was going to be a special. All the produce looked so fresh and amazing! They had varieties of things I had never even heard of. We mainly came for the cheese and meat selection they had in the back, however, to get there we had to do some other shopping as well. It's what God would have wanted :) After loading up on some delicious eats, I heard a voice say something behind me and turned around to see my adorably bubbly kickboxing instructor, Melissa! She is so cute and was shopping with her husband and the newest little addition to her family. This makes me sad to write but I won't be able to attend any classes this week due to my lame work schedule, errr! After saying our goodbyes and good lucks, we made our way to the butcher counter and ordered some ground sirloin, ground buffalo, (I love combining the two, mixing in caramelized onions, and pre-shaping/freezing patties for me to eat throughout the week) and for dinner tonight, a leg of lamb! 

As satisfyingly exciting as that was, I love and was looking forward to the cheese section more than anything. We decided to go with a "truffle tremor," "Shropshire Yellow Blue," and a "Tomme du Sovil" along with some salami and crackers. Good thing there is plastic wrap on all the cheeses or else it might not have made it home it looked so good!

Once we got home, Mike got to work prepping the food, and I got to work putting the cheese plate together. Mine didn't take much skill or time so I poured my self a glass of my favorite wine (McMannis Petit Syrah) and plopped on the couch to have some bonding time with my kitty, Monkey.
Oh yeah...cheese please!
Ready for my close-up...
After having a good amount of cheese in my belly, Mike joined me and we watched our DVRed SNL episode which had us rolling in laughter. An hour later, dinner was ready and the house smelled wonderful. On the menu was Peppercorn and fennel encrusted lamb with a parsnip and potato puree, and a pomegranate reduction glaze. If your think that sounds good, it was ten times better! When we do date night, we go hard!
I ate all of this!
Needless to say, my bottomless pit of a stomach finally had a full feeling and Mike and I became lethargic blobs on the couch. 

I feel that even though I eat healthy and maintain the healthiest lifestyle I can, an indulgence is a necessity everyone in a while. It was nice to be able to let loose for a couple of days in New York and the two days I've been back in Tallahassee. Having days like these help me to keep on track every other day that is not vacation. I weighed myself this morning, just to see how much I had actually taken in from vacation and to my surprise I didn't gain any weight, however, I think I lost a little muscle and made up for it in fat. That is okay though because I have finally decided what I want to dedicate myself to for lent, loosing those five pounds I put on in place of muscle. This should be fun. I look at this as an adventure rather than a chore and the journey teaches your things rather than punishes you for what you wanted in the first place. Guilt never helps anything, but action does, so get ready polar watch, you're going to get a lot of use in these next couple of weeks!



No comments:

Post a Comment