Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Friday, March 11, 2011

It's good to be back...in North Carolina that is!

Taking a trip to New York definitely makes you appreciate the suburban-ness that is Charlotte, NC. I can say I am no city girl, I appreciate having adjoining parking lots to stores and restaurants, and a way to get to and from without a $20 taxi ride. I surely loved the everyday walking workouts that mom and I got, however, I truly missed the feeling of GLEE blaring in my ear as I run my heart out. With this being said, the first thing on my agenda this morning was to shake, rattle, and roll.

Shake, referring to a yummy chocolate and banana protein shake I drank before my run, rattle, meaning how 'rattled' I felt after not being in a gym for a couple of days, but  got 'rollin' (I know, cheesy) within the first couple of minutes. After a nice 30 minute treadmill set, a couple of one-minute stations around the gym, and then 30 more minutes on this cool elliptical/stair-stepper thingy I was 1100 calories down, and feeling exhilarated. Off to take a refreshing shower, and maybe hit the outlet mall?!!

Since mom and me got so overwhelmed by everything New York sized, the people, places, and prices of things, we didn't do much spring shopping while in the city, so we decided to hit up the nearby outlet mall, Concord Mills, or as I like to refer to it...Heaven! I'm not going to go into details (because my dad reads my blog) but, we had a great day! And pistachio gellati didn't hurt the end of the trip either. There might have been a scoop of dulce de leche too, it's vacation!

We made our way home, and since it is lent, our family tradition has always been to have thin-crust, cheese pizza on 'no meat' Fridays. Sounded good to me :) I did a load of wash and now to unpack myself from my broken suitcase, which broke on the trip to North Carolina, and into a new one, for my plane trip home to Tallahassee and my two loves, Mike and Monkey. I am going to miss this place and how laid back and stress free it is in comparison to Tallahassee. Also, it is always nice to spend time with my family, I don't know what I would do without their love and support in everything I do. Well, I have a lot of jammin' and crammin' to do...

1 comment:

  1. Hilary, I love reading your blog and I hope your Mom takes me to the outlet mall next month when I visit. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete