Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Life Becoming a Blurr

At the beginning of this school semester I thought that there was no way I would ever feel busier and more bogged down with assignments and things on my agenda than I did, I stand corrected. This present time has literally been non-stop, pedal to the medal, and any other cliche term that refers to fast times with no rest, that I have ever experienced. Trying to prepare for graduation, dealing with my job, schoolwork, Monkey, my boyfriend, a whole house to clean, plus getting exercise in six days a week has worn me down. 

With that being said, these last couple weeks have been far from my best eating ones. However, these things used to make me resent myself for the indulgences and/or just plain necessities I needed at that moment, I don't beat myself up over them anymore. Sometimes, stress just gets the best of us and instead of breaking down and crumbling, a lemon bar or two here, a margarita there, are easy remedies that keep me from pulling my hair out. One thing I am proud of myself for, is sticking with my workouts everyday. Even if it has to come in the evening after a six hour shift and my feet are aching, I know my mood will drastically be improved if I just do an hour of heart pumping exercise. I just tell my self "Make it through your 5 minute warm-up, and stretch, and if you still don't have any want or motivation to continue, we will call it a day and just go home." Most of the time, after I do my warmup, something kicks in that helps me make it through the hour. I use mantras all the time though. Simple sayings like "Don't think, just do," or one that I read recently, "You're one workout away from a great mood," inspire me to continue on.

I did manage to make my way to Chipotle the other night for my favorite Burrito Bowl to quell some anxiety though. 
I couldn't wait to dig in!
Mike and I had both had a long work week and after a 'no meat' Friday, due to Lent, I needed some MEAT!!! Barbacoa to be exact. I thinks it's cute how, when Mike and I go there together, they write 'his' and 'hers' on our bowls. :)
My awesome dinner with a side of homemade guacamole.
Before heading home, we recently got a "Yogurt Mountain" right next to our Chipotle. I have been hearing great things about this Fro-Yo chain, so I had to try it. I was thinking it would be mainly like all the rest of the shops around town but not at all. They had some amazing, unique flavors like German Chocolate, and Blue Cotton Candy just to name a few. Mike and I grabbed a cup and began filling up. I do wish they gave out smaller cups though, with all that room, it is so easy to get carried away in your creation, like I do. So many choices of delicious sounding yogurt, left me to make a combo of flavors and onto their delicious toppings.

The old me would have dove right into the crushed up Pop-Tarts they displayed next to the other numerous crazy concoctions in the bins. I now since have vowed off this caloric bomb in every possible way, even if I am not creating the most nutritious dessert. I added some chocolate waffle cone, marshmallow, and cookie dough, looking like something out of a five year old's fantasy dream...I couldn't wait to have mine after dinner. I was able to make it through half of my Chipotle, and a little more than half of my Yogurt Mountain till my stomach hit the breaks. After watching a movie with Mike, we both fell into a food coma and dozed off. 

Sunday
Nothing mind-boggleing happened Sunday except the dinner I made, not tooting my own horn or anything but...toot toot (just kidding!) While flying home from North Carolina a couple of weeks ago I ran across this awesome looking pork loin recipe in an issue of Cosmopolitan. It had a tomato-sage Gin sauce that was so yummy I wish the recipe would have made more.
Before the sauce...
Along with the pork I roasted some potatoes and cauliflower in the over. I had never had cauliflower before but it was nice.
With the sauce!
After dinner, Mike and I finished our Yogurt Mountain, and were able to relax to another movie. Monday would be a new week, and with a new week, new chances to start over.

Monday
I decided to plan out everything I would be eating this week on a menu that I could stick to even with my busy schedule. Hopefully, this will come in handy when all I want to do is reach for an extra snack or an unhealthy addition to my already healthy meals. Also, I won't have to think about what I need to fix, it will already be planned and prepared. I did a ramp workout that kicked mine and Mike's butt today and plan to have a night to myself (and Monkey) getting the house back in order. Hopefully, I will make it to my blog more often this week than last. I don't like when I don't write about what I am going through because then I have all this pent up stuff I need to release into the universe. Tomorrow I get to go to Melissa's Kickboxing class for the first time in two weeks! I can't wait, so until then...goodnight and good eats!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment