Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I won't leave New York fat!

After just walking 30+ blocks I can honestly say my feet want to detach themselves from my body and be back in Florida. Today has been a busy filled one from start to finish, which won't be until after dinner tonight!

Mom and I slept in till 8:30 this morning. We had planned on waking up early to make it to "Carlo's Bake Shop" before the crowd came, but nothing is better than a warm fluffy bed when it is 30F outside. After we woke up and got situated, we made our way to the concierge at our hotel so he could help us not get lost on our way to Hoboken New Jersey. This ultimately didn't matter because between my mom and me, getting lost is just a thing to expect.

Two subway trains, and many blocks later, we came upon the TLC's famous bakery. At first, it looked as if it was closed because the windows were dark and no one was standing outside in the line we had head about, that normally wraps around the building. Luckily, we had made it there just in time to not have to stand out in the cold for their famous pastries. The smell you got when entering this place was astounding. Sweet cookies, and cakes, brownies, and flaky pastries filled the display cases, I couldn't wait. After standing in line for an hour we got the goods and made our way back to the city. They did not disappoint, everything I have tasted so far has been scrumptious!

We spent most of the day getting lost in the HUMUNGO Macy's in midtown and the other stores that were close by. Around 5:00, mom and me needed a break and some time off of our feet before heading out to dinner. We plan on going to Little Italy to get some authentic, comforting, Italian food. Needless to say, we will be taking a cab there and back. My feet have had enough for today. It's time to take a nap...

No comments:

Post a Comment