Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Rare Occurrence...

This normally doesn't happen to me too often but on those not so appropriate occasions I have a 'Bad Day.' We all get them from time to time, but I hate when they rear their ugly heads on a Monday, the start of the week, because it always leaves me wondering what the rest of the week hold.


It all started off this morning. On Mondays, and Wednesdays I have an early class at 9, and usually wake up about 8 to get ready, make myself a shake, and find a parking spot on campus that isn't located a marathon walk away. My alarm must have been set for a different day because it didn't go off at the right time, which in turn, made us about 15 minutes late out the door. Mike and I made it to class just in time, however, we had the most boring speaker talk to us today about nothing...he even seemed bored talking to us. On top of being boring, my stomach felt like it had daggers in it from the not-so-healthy nachos and margarita I ate the night before (hey, don't judge, it was a skinnygirl Margarita, aaand FSU dominated Notre Dame last night in basketball, celebration? I think so!) but I was regretting it during the two hour long lecture on...um, I couldn't tell you honestly, that's how boring it was. 

After class I was a little happier though because my next class got cancelled and Mike and I could go to the gym together today! I don't know why I love when we go together so much more, we don't even use the same machines or workout together, I just love knowing he is there. Also, I was going to try out this treadmill set I printed out today and listen to some awesome new GLEE songs I had downloaded...or so I thought. We got to the gym and I made my way over to the treadmills, of course everyone was taken and the rest were broken and had "out of order" signs on them. Finally, a guy got off of one, 10 minutes later and wouldn't you know, it stops working as I get on it, just completely shuts down. So I waited another 10 minutes until someone else got off of the next treadmill, that one breaks as well, the second I get on it. I couldn't believe my luck, what am I? CURSED? 

So one guy finally gets off the treadmill I always use and I am ready to start this sucker and burn some nachos off when I go to turn on my IPOD and....IT'S DEEEEAD!!!

Great, so no music to run to is about as exciting as good old "What's his face" earlier lecturing. However, I had a magazine that I was going to skim over, so desperate times call for desperate measures. I began my set and was really starting to get into it. I was almost at the last three intervals (8 minutes left) when my screen went blank. At this point I asked, "Is this a joke??" What bad fitness karma have I put out into the universe lately? Maybe poking fun of those barbies who wear their makeup to the gym a couple posts ago? I don't know but I almost lost it on the repair guy who accidentally pulled the chord to my machine out of the wall instead of the treadmill next to me. I finished up and just had to get out of there. 

Mike and I came home, showered up and then I got to deal with our messed up Comcast DVR box in our room. I think this is the 9th time I've had to switch it out. They should give me free movie channels or something, haha. But I finished all of that nonsense and now hopefully work later will not follow suit to the previous part of my day. Time to eat a chicken sandwich and watch some Real Housewives of OC talk about each other behind their friends backs, ahhh relaxing.





3 comments:

  1. i eat fish three times a week. cod kingclip, mahi-mahi, or salmon. they are boring. i don't like red sauces much. but other , yes. i also like shrimp once in awhile. i have done panko, and thats about it. PLEASE FIT FOODIE CHICK help me spice up and sauce up my dinner.FFC, I am wore out just reading what u do in a day. your in OVERDRIVE FIT FOODIE CHICK !!!! LOVE THIS BLOG- PLEASE KEEP-EM COMING.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha you crack me up Big B! One of my favorite "Sauces" to do, and is simple and super fast is to just combine one wedge of those laughing cow cheese triangles, a Tablespoon of sour cream, a little parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper. Microwave all ingredients in 30 second increments and mix with chicken and some pasta for a great Alfredo sauce!
    This is also a great pesto I have tried...
    1 cup fresh basil leaves
    1/4 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
    2 tbsp. reduced-fat Parmesan-style grated topping
    2 tbsp. pine nuts
    1 tsp. olive oil
    1 tsp. chopped garlic
    1/4 tsp. salt, or more to taste
    1/4 tsp. black pepper, or more to taste

    Thanks for reading!!! it means a lot to me. Hope all is well
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete