Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wonderfully "Wicked" Way to end New York...

Finally just sat down in elastic waisted pants and a t-shirt for the first time in days. I feel like our New York vacation flew by so fast, yet it tuckered us out, just to keep up with all the people, that we are happy to be in our quiet living room once again. Last time I wrote was before Monday night, so I'll just summarize the rest of the night. We were not entirely hungry and wanted some munchie appetizers, so we decided to go and check out "Serendipity III." Famous for their Frozen Hot Chocolate, and many other dessert monstrosities that only occupy my wildest dreams (yes, I do dream of dessert) we figured they would have some light food as well. We put our name in for about a 45 minute wait and headed over to Dylan's Candy Bar to kill some time, and who am I kidding, buy some candy!
Hello mint chocolate bar that I will soon eat...
This place was absolutely, off the wall cool. Any candy creation, or thing you could think of, lined the wall, hung off shelves, sat in candy jars, all for the taking, and buying of course. 
Mom's every step is sweet!
Um...yes please! How long can I stay?
I opted for some dark, belgium chocolate bars and some fluer de sal caramel popcorn. That will make for some great snacking on the plane ride home. Once we pried ourselves out of the candy superstore we headed back to Serendipity III to check in on our reservations.
Unfortunately ,once we got sat and looked at the menu, nothing really sounded up our alley so we decided to meet up with my mom's friend instead. Besides, we had to get up early for "Carlo's Bake Shop" in the morning.
Hooray! Found it...
Chocolate covered cannoli shells...yum!

Just a few pictures to recap how my morning looked, nice and sweet. The rest of the day we shopped and decided to go to "Little Italy" for dinner. We found a hole in my wall place called "Rocky's" and had some wonderful Italian fare that made me feel like I had a "food baby" afterwards.
Gorgonzola Cheese Dip with garlic toast
Veal Parmesan, I ate the entire plate.
After this meal, I had a very good night sleep and couldn't wait for the following day to come to go see Wicked on broadway.
 
The next day we got a late start and just moseyed around the city shopping for nothing specific. It was very cold and windy so we went back to the hotel early, with some warm, toasty, Starbuck's drinks in hand, in order to look nice for dinner and the show. I was super excited for dinner at "Kraft Bar," Tom Colicchio's restaurant, a chef who I love and look up to. Dinner was to die for!
We started with Parmesan Risotto Balls, I ate one too soon, there were three. Oops.
Then came our entrees...

I had sweet potato agnolotti (small ravioli) with salt cured bacon bits, walnuts, and brussel sprouts.
My mom had seared skate wing with kale, fried garlic, and a chickpea sauce...so good. And for dessert we had maple doughnuts with salted caramel and banana ice cream.

Needless to say, I was full and happy for the show. And what a show it was, I recommend it highly for anyone. I love musical theatre and am proud of myself for not singing out loud the songs that I know and love so much. The best part is when you are so captivated by the show that everything/one else in the room seems to disappear and it is a private show only for you. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats (I don't really know, I have never seen CATS, even thoughI wish I had) I just loved the entire night. However, I am now exhausted after a full day of plane traveling next to some less than desirable people. I need a vacation from vacation travel now, haha. I'm ready for some couch time with my kitties!
















No comments:

Post a Comment