Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Monday, March 7, 2011

First Day in New York City!

I can without a doubt say I was a lazy girl last night and opted for BRAVO's premiere of "Real Housewives of OC" over writing a blog post. To my credit I didn't do much once I got home except repack into a smaller suitcase because having to pay $25 to check a bag is a little silly if you ask me.

Early this morning, Mom and I woke up around 6:30 and got ready to head to the airport for our adventurous day to begin. After all the hustle and bustle that was "Monday" heading to New York we arrived in one piece and very hungry. I had planned on eating one of Starbuck's "Perfect Oatmeals" which I absolutely love, however, none of the Starbucks in the North Carolina Airport had any. I was heartbroken and so dissapointed. Get it together NC, big clunky muffins and pastries are soooo 1999 :) So I had to settle for a strawberry smoothie and a "Be Kind" blueberry and cashew bar. It was pretty good though.

Once we landed, we made our way to catch the shuttle around 12:50. We had reservations at "Loeb's Boathouse" in Central Park at 2:15 so we figured we had plenty of time. From the time we left the airport, to the beautiful Hilton 57 where we are staying it took nearly and hour and a half. New York drivers are unlike anything else on the planet. I would have gotten into 28 accidents and maybe killed a dozen people if it had been me driving. I'm sure all of New York's population is happy it wasn't.

Luckily, we made it to our hotel in one piece and checked into a beautifully, modernly decorated suite at Hilton 57.
Our gorgeous room!
I wish I could have captured more of it in the photo.
Not ones to lolli-gag, we high tailed it over to central park so we could make our 2:15 lunch reservations. After getting a little lost in the 10 minutes we walked around central park we found The Boathouse and excitedly made our way inside. It was such a beautiful and classic restaurant.
Mommy and me at our lake side table.
We started lunch with a bowl or Lobster Bisque and a Tomato and Mozzarella salad. The flavors these simple components left us with were unspeakable. Such delicate flavors not overwhelmed by harsh sauces or ridiculous presentations. Very impressive, and that was just appetizers!
Buffalo Mozzarella with tomato and olive oil...yuuummm
Lobster Bisque...extra yum!
Once we finished these we ordered lunch and couldn't wait for it to arrive. While we waited we chatted and took in the scenery that is New York. It is so interesting to just watch people and their mannerisms. I think I could go to the city and just watch people all day like a creeper and not get anything accomplished. My debit card might appreciate this...Lunch arrived!
Turkey, avocado, tomato, chipotle mayo on french bread with homemade chips and frise salad.
Mine, and my mom got an awesome pair of mini cheeseburgers with homemade tater tots...everything tasted wonderful!
You know I had to have some of this!

After lunch we were ready to explore the city! Get lost, get found, find stores, find homeless people, and everything in between. A couple of highlights to the rest of the day definitely were going to the Lululemon store, going to Momofuku milk bar, and spending it all with my mom! I am beat though, so here are the photos. Momofuku's famous "CRACK PIE" is putting me into a blissful food coma....drifting off to sleep so we can do it all again, and more tomorrow. 

Hooray, workout clothes!
I feel like most people were not as excited as I was to see this store..hmmmm.

We heard we should go in and check out the bathrooms, but we got sidetracked and went to NikeTown instead.
After watching "Celebrity Apprentice" last night we had to do some checking up on the "Trumpster."

After passing this place THREE times we found out the Milk bar is inside Ma Peche.
Goodnight Blog World...and Mike and Monkey, Love you!



























No comments:

Post a Comment