Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

I love Saturday's w/ TC Fitness!

So I meant to write this post yesterday but was absolutely too bogged down with packing and work to do anything but plug this bad boy into it's charger for today's trip. Just a quick refresher, every Saturday morning I meet my trainers and a couple other hard core work-out-a-holics at our local MMA gym (DeadGame) to get our butts handed to us in a rigorous "varietal" workout. This week Chris (one of my trainers) decided it was time for some heavy duty Kickboxing and bag work. However, he also got a new toy which I like to refer to as "The Rope of Death." Am I being dramatic? Maybe. Well named? I think yes!

Sorry for the poor picture quality, I only had my phone yesterday and wanted to show what this actually looked like. If I could only show what they felt like also... You had to take each rope in one hand and whip it up and down creating ripples, alternating small and large, back and forth, squatting and standing. I wanted to pass out. My abs were on fire.  We incorporated this station along with some planks on the TRX, front kicks on the bag, knee thrusts on the bags, and jump rope. We would do five rounds of 3 minutes and every round pause to do ten pushups, for good measure, of course. We also did five rounds boxing on a heavy bag, and five rounds with Chris holding pads and calling out combinations until basically you fall on the floor and won't get back up. The answer is "Yes" I pay for this :)
Cool Graffiti on the wall


I feel like this is starting to look American Gladiator-esque"












After burning 1000 calories and feeling as though I could eat a human I headed home to start the daunting task of packing.

I am now sitting in the lush Tallahassee airport waiting to board my flight. I'll write later tonight once I've landed and am settled in North Carolina. Thank goodness my Spring Break is starting, It is much needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment