Living a life fueled by good eats and extreme fitness.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A little Guinness anyone?

I can't believe how long it has been since I have written my last post. Since I have returned home from Spring Break, Mike and I have been moving a mile a minute. Waking up, working out, eating, work, and then bed has been my routine for the last couple of days. I haven't even had time to have an OCD cleaning day! You would think today being St. Patrick's Day, my schedule would unwind a little bit, not in the least.

I woke up this morning and was excited to rock out a new workout dvd I have been dying to try since it came out. It's a DVD by BeachBody called TurboFire and it feels just like it sounds, like your body is on fire. I opted for the 45 minute round today because I got a bit of a late start this morning, and wanted to take a shower, so I could jet off to class not smelling like a sweaty gym rat. From the first combo, it was love. I love high energy videos like these with silly moves that make me want to master them and look as cool as the people in the video. I can't wait to try it again later in the week. A nice 700 calorie burn, I'll take it! Plus I learned some cool new moves I can bust out if I need to embarrass Mike in public :)

On a less fun note, at the beginning of this week, I found out I had two exams schedules for tonight, on this oh so glorious green beer filled day. On top of the tests, I was scheduled to work tonight and tomorrow morning (get to serve the drunk crowd and the hungover ones, I wonder who would tip better...) so I had some dilemmas that needed solving. Luckily, I was able to get sympathy from my boss who even thought a teacher scheduling two exams tonight was a little messed up, and let me off so I could take my tests. I did well, thank goodness, and after a long day of turbo-firing, classes and quizzes, I thought I deserved a well earned "Kitchen Sink Salad" from Ruby Tuesdays. I love their salad bar more than any other place that even offers salad. So many choices of my kind of veggies (I am not a fan of peppers of mushrooms), and a few fun toppings. I call it the kitchen sink because I basically throw everything in there except a kitchen sink, obviously.
Don't be alarmed...there is a lot of Spinach!
I throw in Spinach, carrots, hard boiled egg, crasins, edamame, more carrots, zucchini, and a few (quite a few, because they have the best) croutons. Now, I know all the health magazines in the world advise against croutons, but listen, if I'm gonna have a salad for dinner, it's gonna have something that keeps it fun, but I do opt out of adding cheese to it, so tit for tat. Also, since Mike has work and doesn't get to celebrate St. Patty's Day either, I picked up some Guinness at the liquor store next door. I thought it would be a nice little surprise later. 

Okay back to my salad...once I got it home, I added some chicken I had, had in the refrigerator and plowed in. Don't judge me, I was hungry and ate the whole thing. My massive salad was so good though. This reminded me of when I was in a sorority my Freshman year and the older girls put on a sketch to impersonate another sorority, where one girl is appalled she ate an entire apple. I felt silly saying "I can't believe I ate that entire salad," but what the hey, I needed some comforting in green form, it just so happened it wasn't watered down green beer, which I can't complain about.
Yeh, that's what I call "WINNING"
So my plans are now to paint my nails, watch some Celebrity Apprentice, and maybe use one of those bottles of Guinness to try a "Guinness Cupcake" that I have been wanting to make for a while now. I'll send some with Mike on his trip to North Carolina tomorrow and push the rest off on my work buddies. Off to explore the unknown and untasted!



No comments:

Post a Comment